A Niddy Noddy is a tool used by spinners to measure yarn as it comes off the bobbin and create a skein. Each size Niddy Noddy has a known circumference which is multiplied by the number of rounds the yarn makes to give the final yardage. Our Niddy Noddys are made exclusively for us by Jim Hokett and we love them. The larger ones are great for those huge bobbins of yarn while the smaller ones are perfect for a small skein or for making fringe all the same length. Ours are made of beautiful hardwoods in the following sizes:
- 18" long which makes a 2 yard loop
- 15" long which makes a 1 2/3 yard loop
- 12" long which makes a 1 1/3 yard loop
- 9" long which makes a 1 yard loop
- 6" long which makes a 2/3 yard loop
Note: Let us know when you order whether you would prefer light or dark woods and we will choose the perfect tool for you.